Thursday, October 24, 2013

Vegetable stew


I get lazy somedays to cook, those times I become really picky and select easy things to cook. I prepare this stew during those time. Its healthy and very simple to cook. Both of us ( me and my hubby) love chappathi. Most of the days in a week I prepare chappathi for dinner. This stew tastes great for chappathi. You can have with plain rice or simple pulav like peas pulav or paneer pulav or even dosas.

You can pressure cook or cook in a sauce pan. I usually decide by looking the vegetables. If they are fresh, It does not require any pressure cook. 

Mixed vegetable stew


Serves - 4
Preparation time - 40 mins 

Ingredients :

Carrot - 1 big
Green beans - 7
Baby corn - 10
Pumpkin - quarter
Green Peas - a handful (frozen)
Tomato - 1.5 (big and juicy)
Ginger - 1 inch 
Sambhar powder- 1tbsp
Almond powder - 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp 
Oil - 1tbsp
Salt- adjust to taste 
Curry leaves - few 

Method:

Vegetable stew

Chop the carrots, beans, baby corn into julian cut. Wash the green peas, I used the frozen one. Chop the tomatoes finely and pumpkin into squares. Grate the ginger and keep aside.

In a sauce pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. After it splutters, add the urad dal and curry leaves ( if u want, I didn't add curry leaves). Urad dal turns slightly brown add ginger. Fry ginger for a minute, then add tomatoes. Once it turns soft, add sambhar powder and fry for 2 minutes. 

Now add the chopped vegetables (carrot + beans + pumpkin + peas + baby corn) and salt. Now close the pan and cook for 10 minutes. Keep stirring in between.

Finally add the chopped coriander for garnishing. I did not add that. You can add the vegetables of your choice, it can be either cabbage, chayote, cauliflower or egg plant. 

I like this crunchy, you can mash it finally using a potato masher. 

Enjoy !!

Thanks for reading 
VP








No comments:

Post a Comment