Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sabhudana (Sago) Idli


When I recall my memories about sabhudana, I can tell about the yummy payasams and curd pachadi. When I learnt about the sago idli from the blog, I started jumping with joy. I wanted to try this at once with some changes. I like the taste and also the wonderful texture of the sabhudana ever since my childhood. 



Sago Idly


Ingredients:

Idly Rava - 1 cup 
Sabhudana -1/2 cup 
Curd -1 cup
Salt - as per taste  

Seasoning:

Mustard - 1 tsp
Urad dal- 1 tbsp
Curry leaves- few
Cashew - a handful
coriander leaves- little
Turmeric - a pinch 
Hing- a pinch

Method: 


Soak sabhudana,rava with curd  along with salt for 10 hours ( preferably the previous night for the breakfast).

After that add some water mix and bring to a consistency of idli batter 
In  a pan add a tablespoon of oil, then add mustard. After it splutters add urad dal, hing, curry leaves, cashews,ginger and green chillies. 

Pour the seasoning to the batter and then add coriander and turmeric. 

Heat the idli pan with water, pour the batter to the idli mould and cook for 15 mins (similar to idli)

Enjoy with coconut chutney or sambhar of your choice !!!!

Thanks for reading - VP

No comments:

Post a Comment